Susan Polgar Chess Secrets - How to Think Like a Grandmaster
The life story of the world chess champion
My grandma was a Holocaust survivor
My grandma was born and raised in Budapest, Hungary. She was a Holocaust survivor and she lost 300 relatives during the Holocaust.
Winner of 4 Women’s World Championships
FIRST WOMAN IN HISTORY TO:
– Break the gender barrier to qualify for the Men’s World Championship Cycle
– Earn the “Men’s” Grandmaster title (1991) through traditional FIDE requirements
– First World Chess Champion in history (male or female) to win the triple-crown (Blitz, Rapid and Classical World Championships)
– The only person in history, male or female, to capture all 6 of the most prestigious crowns in chess: World Classical, Rapid, and Blitz Championships, Olympiad Gold (Individual and Team), and World #1 ranking!
FIRST EVER (MALE OR FEMALE) IN HISTORY TO:
– Coach a Collegiate Men’s Division I team to win 7 straight PanAm InterCollegiate Chess Championships (2012-2018)